Stephen F. Austin Elementry

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

319 Lipscomb Street, Stephen F. Austin Elementary School. Erected in 1892. An addition in 1909 added to it’s present size. First called the Sixth Ward School. Purchased in 1980 by the William Dickie- Manufacturing Company. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Historic Churches in the Downtown Area

Historic Churches in the Downtown Area

First Christian Church at 612 Throckmorton St. Built in 1914, Is the oldest Church in Fort Worth. The Church was founded in 1855 and held services in the home of Dr. and Mrs. Carroll Peak.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 Photos Of The First Christian Church were taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 10:22am.

Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church at 116 Elm St. Built 1912-14. Church was founded in 1870.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photos of the Allen Chapel were taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:57am

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Fourth Street Methodist Episcopal Church South Vestry. Built in 1887. Located at East Fourth and Jones Street.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of the Fourth Street Methodist Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:45am

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Morning Chapel Colored Methodist Episcopal Church at 903 E. Third Street Built in 1934-1936. Founded in 1868. In 1954, the name was changed to Morning Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of the Morning Chapel Christian Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:33am

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

First Methodist Episcopal Church. Built 1929. Located at 800 W. Fifth Street.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of the First Methodist Episcopal Church were taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 10:56am

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Greater Saint James Baptist Church. Built in 1913-1918. Founded in 1895.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of the Greater Saint James Baptist Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:37am.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

St. Patrick Church. Built 1888-1892. The oldest continuously used Church building in Fort Worth. Located at 1206 Throckmorton Street.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of St. Patrick Cathedral taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 10:39am.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mount Gilead Baptist Church at 600 Grove Street. Built 1912-1913. The Church is Fort Worth’s oldest Baptist African American Congregation. Founded in 1875.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of Mount Gilead Baptist Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:52am.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

St. Andrews Episcopal Church at 901 Lamar St. Built 1909-1912,

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of Saint Andrews Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 10:32am.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mexican Presbyterian Church Built 1908, Located at 960 W. Bluff Street. At one time this stone Arch way was the entrance to the Church Bld.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Photos of Mexican Presbyterian Church taken by Les Crocker on 5-22-14 at 9:28am.

Fairmount Historic Homes Tour

DeZavala Elementary C.1914 at 1419 College Ave. Named for Lorenzo De Zavala, Vice President of the Republic of Texas.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The 32nd annual Fairmount Historic District Tour of Homes, a window into the past.

New Home built to blend in with Historic homes on block. 1510 College Avenue.

Mathis Home C.1908 at 1407 Lipscomb St.

Hutchinson Home C.1903 at 2264 Lipscomb St.

Horse Tie Down on 5th Ave.

Robinson Home C.2013 at 1900 5th Avenue.

 

Original Horse tie down in front of the Wedding / English Home.

Garage Apartment behind the Wedding Home.

Wedding Home C.1910 at 1312 5th Ave.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Magnolia Ave, A short Tour of an Old Neighborhood.

407 Magnolia Avenue, W.F. Lawrence Fine Flowers. Built 1925.

509 W. Magnolia Avenue. St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church. Built 1924.

Corner of Hemphill and Magnolia. The Modern Drug Store opened in 1939 at this location.

700 W. Magnolia Ave. Built in 1927. Originally a Beauty Shop. In 1941, the building was remodeled into a Safeway Store. Not too far away at 104 S. Main was another Safeway Store similar to this one. In 1975, the Paris Coffee Shop moved into this Building. The Coffee Shop had been located almost due East across Hemphill since 1930.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 417

Magnolia Ave Christian Church