South Main Street underpass c1931 looking North. Last Photo of the Photo Expedition. Saturday the 28 the year of our Lord 2013.
South Main at Magnolia.
104 South Main St. Safeway Store # 332 Built in 1940. At one time there were many homes and businesses in this bustling residential area. Closed in 1950.
207 South Main St. 1910 The up stairs have been a boarding house and a Hotel.
The Eagle Steam Bakery c1895 At 665 S. Main Street . The building originally housed the Eagle Steam Bread Company, one of the largest Bakeries in Texas.
219 South Main St. Built in 1906. Built by the Monnig family for income purposes. During the 20’s it was the Texas Café. Up stairs was a boarding house.
Broadway Baptist Church at 305 W. Broadway Ave. A woodframe building was constructed in 1886. The brick Sanctuary built in 1906 was destroyed by the Big fire of April 3 1906. The big fire consumed 20 blocks in the South side. It destroyed about 300 homes and business The T&P round house, 20 engines and 50 box cars.
The George B. Monnig House c1910 at 115 W Broadway Avenue.
Jesus Restaurant, Ate there once several years ago.
S & S Wheel
Vandervoorts Milk And Ice Cream.
1223-31 S. Main St. The Newkirk-Wallerick Building c1926. Has five store fronts.
This sign on the side of the wall is all that is left of Weber’s. At Magnolia and S. Main.
Now empty lot of St Joseph Hospital.
Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery at 1414 S. Main St. Fort Worth’s Historic Jewish burial ground. In use since 1879. About 330 graves.
1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators
1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators.
Fire Station No.5 Built 1911 sits just a block off S. Main St. at 503 Bryan Ave.
Off S. Main a block is The Brotherhood Of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen Hall Built 1910. Founded in 1873. Located at 211 Bryan Ave.
At East Broadway and Bryan Ave. is an old Texaco Sign.