Ayers Cemetery, Polytechnic.

Ayres  Cemetery.  At 2000 N. Beach Street. This little Family Cemetery was incorporated in to the Motel's Parking lot. Quite likely  the only Motel in the World with a Cemetery in the parking lot.   This Photo taken in 1997. The Cemetery was well taken care of.

Ayres Cemetery. At 2000 N. Beach Street. This little Family Cemetery was incorporated in to the Motel’s Parking lot. Quite likely the only Motel in the World with a Cemetery in the parking lot. This Photo taken in 1997. The Cemetery was well taken care of.

Front Gate, Notice the Gate plate.

Front Gate, Notice the Gate plate.

Benjamin Ayers died in 1862 and his wife who died tem months later are the first family members buried in the cemetery.

Benjamin Ayers died in 1862 and his wife who died tem months later are the first family members buried in the cemetery.

Ida Ayers, Benjamin P. Ayers' granddaughter was the last Ayers descendent buried in the cemetery in 1955.

Ida Ayers, Benjamin P. Ayers’ granddaughter was the last Ayers descendent buried in the cemetery in 1955.

Emily Ayers, wife of Benjamin Ayers

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is the Cemetery today, Jan. 2014. The bushes have been allowed to almost completely cover the vied of the cemetery. Looks like no one is weed eating or trimming up the place. It's like no one cares.

This is the Cemetery today, Jan. 2014. The bushes have been allowed to almost completely cover the vied of the cemetery. Looks like no one is weed eating or trimming up the place. It’s like no one cares.

Looking Back at South Main Street.

South Main Street underpass c1931 looking North. Last Photo of the Photo Expedition. Saturday the 28 the year of our Lord 2013.

South Main Street underpass c1931 looking North. Last Photo of the Photo Expedition. Saturday the 28 the year of our Lord 2013.

South Main at Magnolia.

South Main at Magnolia.

104 South Main St. Safeway Store # 332 Built in 1940. At one time there were many homes and businesses in this bustling residential area.  Closed in 1950.

104 South Main St. Safeway Store # 332 Built in 1940. At one time there were many homes and businesses in this bustling residential area. Closed in 1950.

207 South Main St. 1910 The up stairs have been a boarding house and a Hotel.

207 South Main St. 1910 The up stairs have been a boarding house and a Hotel.

The Eagle Steam Bakery c1895  At 665 S. Main Street . The building originally housed the Eagle Steam Bread Company, one of the largest Bakeries in Texas.

The Eagle Steam Bakery c1895 At 665 S. Main Street . The building originally housed the Eagle Steam Bread Company, one of the largest Bakeries in Texas.

219 South Main St. Built in 1906. Built by the Monnig family for income purposes.  During the 20's it was the Texas Café.  Up stairs was a boarding house.

219 South Main St. Built in 1906. Built by the Monnig family for income purposes. During the 20’s it was the Texas Café. Up stairs was a boarding house.

Broadway Baptist Church at 305 W. Broadway Ave. A woodframe building was constructed in 1886. The brick Sanctuary built in 1906 was destroyed by the Big fire of April 3 1906. The big fire consumed 20 blocks in the South side. It destroyed about 300 homes and business The T&P round house, 20 engines and 50 box cars.

Broadway Baptist Church at 305 W. Broadway Ave. A woodframe building was constructed in 1886. The brick Sanctuary built in 1906 was destroyed by the Big fire of April 3 1906. The big fire consumed 20 blocks in the South side. It destroyed about 300 homes and business The T&P round house, 20 engines and 50 box cars.

The George B. Monnig House c1910 at 115 W Broadway Avenue.

The George B. Monnig House c1910 at 115 W Broadway Avenue.

Jesus Restaurant, Ate there once several years ago.

Jesus Restaurant, Ate there once several years ago.

S & S Wheel

S & S Wheel

Vandervoorts Milk And Ice Cream.

Vandervoorts Milk And Ice Cream.

1223-31 S. Main St. The Newkirk-Wallerick Building c1926.  Has five store fronts.

1223-31 S. Main St. The Newkirk-Wallerick Building c1926. Has five store fronts.

This sign on the side of the wall is all that is left of Weber's. At Magnolia and S. Main.

This sign on the side of the wall is all that is left of Weber’s. At Magnolia and S. Main.

Now empty lot of St Joseph Hospital.

Now empty lot of St Joseph Hospital.

Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery at 1414 S. Main St. Fort Worth's Historic Jewish burial ground. In use since 1879. About 330 graves.

Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery at 1414 S. Main St. Fort Worth’s Historic Jewish burial ground. In use since 1879. About 330 graves.

1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators

1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators

1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators.

1900-2000 Blocks S. Main Kimbell Milling Co. Grain Elevators.

Fire Station No.5 Built 1911 sits just a block off S. Main St. at 503 Bryan Ave.

Fire Station No.5 Built 1911 sits just a block off S. Main St. at 503 Bryan Ave.

Off S. Main a block is The Brotherhood Of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen Hall Built 1910. Founded in 1873. Located at 211 Bryan Ave.

Off S. Main a block is The Brotherhood Of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen Hall Built 1910. Founded in 1873. Located at 211 Bryan Ave.

At East Broadway and Bryan Ave. is an old Texaco Sign.

At East Broadway and Bryan Ave. is an old Texaco Sign.

Van Zandt Cottage

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

What….in the World is that rock with a hole in it?????? Well, it’s Fort Worth’s first road building equipment. Wrapped a chain through the hole and pulled it with mules and graded the dirt roads. Located on the grounds of the Van Zandt cottage. The next Photo is the Van Zandt Cottage at 2900 Crestline Road, said to be the oldest house in Fort Worth on it’s original foundation. Mr. Van Zandt is largely responsible for the great City that Fort Worth has become. When he came t…o Ft Worth, the City was about to become a ghost Town. Some of K.M. Van Zandt’s major contributions to Fort Worth:
•1866 – Helped start first post Civil War school in Fort Worth
•1872 – Part of a group that negotiated to bring the Texas and Pacific Railroad to Fort Worth
•1875 – Organized Tarrant County Construction Company to grade final 30 miles of railroad
•1876 – First train pulled in to Fort Worth (July 19)
•1876 – Helped organize the Fort Worth Street Railway Company; first car on the tracks December 25
•1877-1930 – Served as a school trustee for more than 25 years, and President of the board of the First Christian Church until his death
•1883 -1930 – Organized Fort Worth National Bank with partners and was president until his death
•1885-1891 – City Treasurer
•1894-1896 – Fort Worth City Council
•1913-1915 – Park Board Commissioner

For your information, the Van Zandt Cottage can be found just to the South of Farrington Field. Check it out.